- Free computer access
is available at each location with a valid New Hanover County library card (limit of 2 hours use daily)
- Search various websites for career opportunities and
complete job applications on-line
- Complete job applications on-line
- Research companies before you interview
- Create your resume or cover letter using various Word templates of by using the Career Library Database
- Job search lab offers help with resumes and online job applications (910.798.6301
for details and/or registration)
- Books with sample resumes, cover letters, and interview questions
Emotions of Economic Struggles
- Visit the library for
some reading and a moment to relax
- Check out books or DVDs
on dealing with your emotional health, financial stress, self-esteem, etc.
- Stop by the reference desk at any location for information on various county agencies and what assistance they offer
- Need more information about a recent medical diagnosis then contact the New
Hanover County Consumer Health Librarian at 910.798.6307
- Visit the
library website for links to topic specific sites on family health and fitness, tests, medications and treatment
- The Reference Department at each location provides a variety
of business, employment, grant, and legal resources - visit the library websitefor additional information via the LINKS page
- Stay current with investment using Morning Star,
Value Line, etc.
Foundation Directory Online is a valuable tool to search for grants for nonprofit organizations
- Wall Street Journal
and Investor's Business Daily
Education and Homework Help
- Use NC Live for homework help
- Make use of library resources to find scholarship information
- Use online tutorials and practice tests for help on SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Professional story times are beneficial for young children--educational and fun
Homework Help from Tutor.com is also available (visit www.nhclibrary.org
and click on the Homework Help button)
- GED practice
tests in English and Spanish
- Consumer Reports is available through NC Live
- Auto and vehicle guides of all types, including blue books
- Excellent consumer
information is available online, in libraries and from the staff
- Read a library book a week--Why spend $1200 a year?
- Free computer access at all locations with a valid New Hanover County Public Library
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi at all locations (saves at least
$180 per year)
- Enjoy DVDs, videos, playaways, and audio books,
etc. (compare to over $200 per year for rentals)
- Free downloadable
audio (they can cost $15 to $75 each if purchased online)
- Use the
Local History Room for genealogical research
- Go to your
library to read a variety of magazines and newspapers
- Programs offer information: investing, art, financial aid for
college, gardening, computer skills, etc.
- Network with people
at book club events, author visits and other cultural programs held at the library
- Professionally planned story times have proven fun and educational. Visit the local library website via
the LINKS page.
- Visit the library and read, read, read!
It has often been quoted, "Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money
will get you through times of no libraries."
See if it's true. Visit your library today!